Monday, June 1, 2009

a gorgeous lil' video of a live Magnolia Electric Co. show from Chicago a few months ago. These guys, well it's mostly just Jason Molina, have made my antlers gone twisty lately. Such great sonics, lyrics, atmosphere, etc. It's very cool to see them live and am looking forward to an upcoming show at the 7th St. Entry in Aug. by them... I'm always amazed when a band plays such a small venue that I personally hold in such high esteem - when I saw Dead Moon play there a few years ago, I expected throngs! Actually, it was just a handfull of us and Toody, Fred, and Andrew were sitting next to me with a pitcher for half the show! its weird that so few folks get into what I see as a Major Event. oh well, enjoy!

We Have Signal: Live From Birmingham - Magnolia Electric Co. from We Have Signal on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, Ann your neighbor turned me on to your blog. I dig it. Jason molina is at 7th street on Aug 7th in case you didn't know

    Peace
    Sam

    ReplyDelete